Support from Woodley Carnival Committee

My Thanks

Posted by Louise Batts on May 20th 2019

This is a blog dedicated to the fantastic support and opportunities Woodley Carnival Committee (WCC) have provided to aid in my fundraising and support women in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine). They are friends and a local community of like-minded people who believe that the world needs to be protected against climate change, but also a greater understanding that we need to support those who have the visibility and leadership to make the change.

We recently held a collaborative race night event with over 50 local Woodley residents turning up to have a fun evening at the races. (For those of you who have never been to a race night, you don’t need to mount a horse, but rather watch the races on a large screen in the comfort of a hall). We raised over £800 on the night, which was a fantastic success. Thank you to all the WCC who supported the evening, and all my family and friends who also gave their personal time to support me on the night.

Looking forward to working with the WCC again in June to support their carnival day

Back to Blog Homepage